Transmission Maintenance and Service
Your vehicle’s manufacturer will provide specific information on the required transmission repairs to keep your vehicle operational and working at its best. Most often, this means flushing the transmission – a process that removes the transmission fluid and replaces it with clean product. You may need to do this once every 30,000 to 50,000 miles – depending on the make and model of your car.
Our technicians will provide routine inspections of your transmission when you come in for an oil change or any other service. Share any problems you are having too. We are happy to take a look.
Symptoms of Transmission Repair Needs
How do you know when the transmission needs to be inspected, maintained, or repaired? At Borst Automotive, we encourage you to bring the vehicle in for routine inspections according to your manufacturer’s recommendations. Most vehicles need to have the transmission fluid flushed every 50,000 miles.
In addition, if you have any of the following signs of transmission problems, stop driving the vehicle, and contact our team for repair needs:
- The car will not switch gears or it is difficult to do so.
- If the gears are slipping as you are driving.
- It smells like something is burning
- There is shaking as you drive the car.
- You hear loud noises such as clanking or grinding.
- There is a leak under your car.
- The check engine light is on.